08/04/20 Update: Winston will postpone all classes until September 8th, per prior recommendations from San Antonio Metro Health. This includes both in-person and distance learning.
Although classes will begin September 8th, there will be communication from the school beginning August 14th regarding orientation, opportunities for new families to meet the teachers, and testing for lower & middle school groupings. This will allow our teachers to immediately launch into curriculum material on September 8th. Be on the lookout for an email from your head of school for specific information for your child.
By August 17th, you must email your division head to inform them of whether your child will participate in in-person or distance learning.
If you have any questions, please contact the school. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we develop a plan that allows us to provide the best learning environment for our students.
Winston's administrative team has been hard at work developing plans for the start of the school year. Below you will find information on Winston's safety guidelines and learning options for the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents should be aware that Winston will offer both online and on-campus classes at the beginning of the school year. Please read the Returning to Winston brochure in detail for more information.
We are living in unprecedented times, and no one knows what the next few months will bring. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to develop, we will make necessary adjustments to our plans and will keep you apprised. Please contact our front office at (210) 615-6544 with any questions you may have.
- PDF Brochure: 2020-2021: Returning to Winston
- Video: Summer School: On-Campus Class Structure
- Poster: COVID-19 Symptoms & Self-Screening Tips
- Poster: COVID-19: How to Protect Yourself
The Winston School San Antonio continues to track news and information about the spread of COVID-19 in the San Antonio area. Our first priority is keeping our students, faculty, staff, and community safe. Please visit this page for the most up-to-date and accurate information related to school activities.
We appreciate the patience and diligence of our families and students as we navigate these unprecedented times. As a reminder, please contact the school at (210) 615-6544 if you have any pressing questions or concerns.
- 07/17/20 - The Winston School San Antonio returns to On-Campus Classes August 17th, 2020
- 07/02/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 06/24/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 05/22/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 05/15/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 05/11/20 - Message from the Board of Trustees
- 05/08/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 05/01/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 04/24/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 04/17/20 - School Closure Update
- 04/16/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 04/08/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 04/03/20 - Headmaster's Update
- Facebook Q&A with Dr. K. & Mr. Yocham
- 03/27/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 03/25/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 03/20/20 -Message from Mr. Yocham
- 03/19/20 - Headmaster's Update
- 03/17/20 - Headmaster's Update
School office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily. If you need to come by the school, please call the front desk at (210) 615-6544 to arrange your visit.
For questions related to distance learning, technology, or borrowing school materials: Contact Steve Yocham at (210) 615-6544 or email@example.com.
- For medication & health questions: Contact Missy Harris at 210-275-3871.
- For counseling and help with anxiety: Contact Denise Williams at 210-683-4170.
WSSA Distance Learning
How to Help Students Make the Most of their Newfound Free Time (Washington Post)
What is Social Distancing? (Medium)
Supporting Kids During the COVID-19 Crisis (Child Mind Institute)
City of San Antonio (Metro Health)
WHO (World Health Organization)