Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the deadline to apply to Winston?
There is no deadline; Winston accepts applications year-round. Click here to request a tour.
2. Do Winston students wear uniforms?
Yes; Uniforms can be purchase through Land’s End.
3. What is the average class size at Winston?
Class sizes average 8-10 students.
4. Is financial aid available?
Yes, Winston has a generous tuition assistance program. Click here for more details.
5. How many students are enrolled at Winston?
On average, 205-220 students of varying grade levels are enrolled.
6. Do Winston students participate in standardized testing?
WSSA students do not take the STARR, but our upper school students do take college entrance exams, including the ACT and SAT.
7. Is The Winston School San Antonio accredited?
Yes, WSSA is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS).
8. Do Upper School students take college classes?
Yes, students who qualify for college courses enroll in the San Antonio Community College Program.
8. Does Winston offer summer programs?
Yes; many families opt to "try out" Winston's academic programs by enrolling in a summer school program. More information on Summer School can be found here.