Winston's 29th Annual Learning Symposium
Child & Adolescent Development in a Digital World took place on January 25, 2019 at The Winston School San Antonio.
If you would like to see some of the presentations from prior years, please click here
Join us next year on January 31, 2020 for our 30th Annual Learning Symposium
Keynote Lecture: "Growing Up Digital" by Kaveri Subrahmanyam, PhD.
Each year, the Winston School San Antonio and MSAC work diligently to plan Winston's Learning Symposium—an educational event that provides the community with access to cutting-edge research and tools to help educate students with learning differences.
The Symposium allows us to extend Winston’s reach by providing important information to parents, education professionals, and others from across the state. Each year, the event features a nationally-renowned professional and breakout sessions hosted by a select group of local professionals.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS & GUEST SPEAKERS
- 3-Hour Ethics Panel Breakout Session
- ADHD & Medication: Steven Pliszka, M.D. - UT Health
- Tech Generation - Raising Balanced Kids: Jon Lasser, PhD - Texas State
- Educational Technology in the Classroom: Matthew Patty, MA - Northside ISD
- Developing Marketable Tech Skills: Scott Crenshaw, MBA - Rackspace
- Education Tech & You: Roland Rios, Ed.D. - Fort Sam ISD
- Dyslexia & Technology: Julie Hanson, M.Ed. - WSSA
- Robotics & STEAM: Ellen Barnett, PhD - Trinity University
- Video Games & Learning: Sherita Love, PhD - Texas A&M SA
- Social Media: Cynthia Diaz de Leon - Clarity Child Guidance
For a full listing of breakout sessions and descriptions, please click here.
To see presentations from previous years, please click here