Winston's 31st Annual Learning Symposium, "Reading, Speech, and Language" presented by Dr. Carol Tolman, will take place on of Friday, January 29, 2021, at The Winston School San Antonio.
Keynote Lecture: "Reading, Speech, and Language" by Dr. Carol Tolman
Each year, the Winston School San Antonio and MSAC work diligently to plan Winston's Learning Symposium—an educational event that provides the community with access to cutting-edge research and tools to help educate students with learning differences.
The Symposium allows us to extend Winston’s reach by providing important information to parents, education professionals, and others from across the state. Each year, the event features a nationally-renowned professional and breakout sessions hosted by a select group of local professionals.
Recap: Winston's 30th Annual Learning Symposium
"Fostering Resilient Learners" presented by Kristin Souers, M.A.
took place on January 24, 2020 at The Winston School San Antonio.
Breakout Sessions & Presenters
- ADHD & Medication: Barbara Robles-Ramamurthy, M.D. - UT Health
- ADHD in the Classroom: Linda Hamilton - North East ISD
- Outdoor Education: Courtney Crim, Ed.D. - Trinity University
- Accommodations: Myeshia Smith - Trinity University
- Instructional Technology: Matthew Patty, M.A. - Northside ISD
- Social-Emotional Learning: Patricia Norman, Ph.D. - Trinity University
- Anxiety - Megan Lawson, Psy.D. - Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Mindfulness for Educators/Self Care for Teachers: Joseph Tedesco - Northside ISD
- Sensory Integration: Jeannette Schwartz, MA., OTR
3-Hour Ethics Panel Breakout Session
To see presentations from previous years, please click here.