We hope you enjoyed the 28th Annual Learning Symposium - “Learning In and Out of the Classroom”
Our next Symposium will be held on January 25, 2019, and will focus on the Digital Impact on Development. More information will be posted soon!
Over 300 parents and professionals attended Winston's 28th Annual Learning Symposium!
Please click here to view our recording of our afternoon breakout sessions.
Each year, the Winston School San Antonio and its Medical-Scientific Advisory Committee work diligently to plan the Winston Annual Learning Symposium—an educational event that provides the community with access to cutting-edge research and tools to help educate students with learning differences. The Learning Symposium allows us to extend Winston’s reach by providing important information to parents, mental health, healthcare, and education professionals from the local community and across the state. Each year, the event features a nationally-renowned professional and breakout sessions that are hosted by a select group of local professionals.
On January 26, 2018, Alfie Kohn delivered the keynote lecture at Winston's 28th Annual Learning Symposium.
The focus of the event was "Learning In and Out of the Classroom".
Mr. Kohn is an American author and lecturer in the areas of education, parenting, and human behavior. He is a proponent of progressive education and has offered critiques of many traditional aspects of parenting, managing, and American society.
Breakout Sessions included:
- Technology: Presented by Lucretia Fraga, Ph.D.
- Behavior & Mindfulness: Presented by Jon Lasser, Ph. D.
- ADHD and Medication: Presented by Steven Pliszka, M.D.
- ADHD in the Classroom: Presented by Linda Hamilton
- Deciphering the Autism Spectrum: Presented by Patricia Harkins, M.D.
- Art & Hands-on Education: Presented by Sean Justice, Ed.D., M.F.A.
- Outdoor Education: Presented by Tom Arsuffi, Ph.D.
- Mindfulness and the Brain: Presented by Jason Littlefield, M.Ed.
- Ethics Panel: By a panel of 4 experts in communication, law, education, and medical practices.