Winston's 30th Annual Learning Symposium, "Fostering Resilient Learners" will take place on January 24, 2020 at The Winston School San Antonio.
Registration is now open, please click here to register!
Keynote Lecture: "Fostering Resilient Learners" by Kristin Souers
Click here to learn more about her book, "Fostering Resilient Learners: Strategies for Creating a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom"
Each year, the Winston School San Antonio and MSAC work diligently to plan Winston's Learning Symposium—an educational event that provides the community with access to cutting-edge research and tools to help educate students with learning differences.
The Symposium allows us to extend Winston’s reach by providing important information to parents, education professionals, and others from across the state. Each year, the event features a nationally-renowned professional and breakout sessions hosted by a select group of local professionals.
Breakout Sessions & Presenters
- ADHD & Medication: Steven Pliszka, M.D. - UT Health
- ADHD in the Classroom: Linda Hamilton - North East ISD
- Outdoor Education: Courtney Crim, Ed.D. - Trinity University
- Accommodations: Myeshia Smith - Trinity University
- Instructional Technology: Matthew Patty, M.A. - Northside ISD
- Social-Emotional Learning: Patricia Norman, Ph.D. - Trinity University
- Anxiety - Megan Lawson, Psy.D. - Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Mindfulness for Educators/Self Care for Teachers: Joseph Tedesco - Northside ISD
- Sensory Integration: Jeannette Schwartz, MA., OTR
3-Hour Ethics Panel Breakout Session
For a full listing of breakout sessions and descriptions, please check back at a later date.
Winston's 29th Annual Learning Symposium
Child & Adolescent Development in a Digital World took place on January 25, 2019 at The Winston School San Antonio.
To see presentations from previous years, please click here.