Thank you for your interest in a career with Winston.
School Teacher, K-12th Grades (2022-2023)
The Winston School San Antonio is looking for a School Teacher with a background in educating students with learning differences for the 2022-2023 school year. We are looking for a qualified individual to teach K-12th grade and has experience working with students with learning differences and has a developed classroom management strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required
- Master's degree preferred
- Special Education certification or training in language-based disabilities is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the subjects assigned
- Mastery of curriculum development, instruction, and classroom management
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
1-3 years of teaching experience preferred, but all candidates will be considered.
- Employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check
- Salary is competitive based on experience and background
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Licensed Specialty School Psychologist (LSSP)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Head of School
- Upload all treatment logs to system as defined, adhering to The Winston School San Antonio’s six-week, four-week, and two-week deadlines; document all due diligence efforts made
- Upload all assessment reports to system as defined as the same day service was delivered and document all due diligence efforts made
- Sign student Learning Profiles and Accommodation Sheets within 24 hours of notification
- Prepare and submit in a timely manner all accommodations request forms for ACT, SAT and other standardized testing
- Review assigned caseload and immediately report barriers or conflicts to the Division Directors and the Head of School
- Develop and implement learning behavior support goals to meet the individual needs of the student
- Supervise interns as needed
- Maintain accurate documents, including assessment reports and progress notes, destroying confidential files in accordance with federal and state law regarding student data
- Participate in Student Support Team and Student Review meetings
- Serve as a marketing resource at school fairs and on school outreach initiatives
- Disseminate subject matter expertise to colleagues as well as through formal professional development opportunities
- Serve as an ongoing resource for teachers and families
- Provide psychology services content for The Winston School San Antonio print and online communications venues, including The Winston School San Antonio Day School and The Winston School San Antonio Center web sites, blog and social media channels
- Select, administer, score and interpret individual psychological, intelligence, academic, neuropsychological and behavioral measures using instruments and procedures approved by the Head of School
- Analyze evaluation data, student records and information pertinent to student learning and formulate hypotheses and conclusions relating to learning and behavioral issues
- Prepare evaluation reports within prescribed time limits, including recommendations that are thorough and user-friendly for parents and school staff, and contain up-to-date information on technological accommodations
- Conduct interpretive sessions that address parental need for information and emotional support, as well as prioritize next steps to take
- Develop appropriate interventions and strategies to assist students or clients in academic growth and school adjustment
- Provide meaningful and helpful suggestions to school personnel and parents regarding behavior management, social skill development, conflict resolution, functional behavioral assessments, behavioral intervention planning and instructional strategies
- Provide therapy/behavioral support that draws from a range of best practices including cognitive therapy, behavioral therapy, psychodynamic approaches, play therapy and other practices to best meet the goals of the individual student
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical practice, including seeking peer supervision regularly and in all cases where there is a legal or ethical concern
- Provide students with positive reinforcement and positive redirection in accordance with Winston’s Employee Handbook
- Agree to uphold the mission of The Winston School San Antonio
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student and family information and documents in accordance with HIPAA and FERPA
- Abide by all requirements, policies, and standards of conduct as stated in the Winston Employee Handbook, Winston Family Handbook, and job offer letter
- Maintain appropriate accreditation data for current accrediting agencies, including but not limited to ISAS
- Participate in team meetings, Professional Development, and In-Service training
- Maintain certification credentials and licensing as appropriate
- Take all necessary precautions to protect the safety of staff, students, and families; equipment; materials and the facility
- Perform other duties as assigned, including chaperoning, participation on field trips, assisting with and/or participation in school special events (such as Field Day, Athletic Banquet, Annual Alumni event, school dances, etc.) and other activities or tasks, that may include evenings and weekends, not listed in this job description but requested by Supervisor, Division Director, or Head of School
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in School, Educational or Clinical Psychology or as a Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed or eligible for license in Texas
- Extensive knowledge in child development and major childhood disorders, with specific emphasis on learning issues, ADHD, and other neurodevelopmental childhood disorders
- Expertise in a variety of treatment approaches
- Knowledgeable about special education research, theory, practices, and law
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of strategies for students with developmental delays, ADHD, specific learning disabilities and behavior disorders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Able to stand, move throughout the campus, operate a computer, ascend and descend stairs, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Able to lift, move or transport equipment and/or furniture weighing up to 20 pounds across campus to various classrooms and events
- Able to work in outdoor weather conditions
Please click here to download this description in PDF Format
Substitute School Teacher
We are currently interviewing for substitute teacher openings for K through 12th grades. Interested candidates should email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but will consider candidates with some post-secondary education.
Previous teaching experience or substitute teaching experience is a plus.
Employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
The Winston School San Antonio does not currently have any other open positions.
All educational programs, services, activities and employment of The Winston School San Antonio are available without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, genetics, or citizenship.
Employees of The Winston School San Antonio are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 that prohibits discrimination and ensures equal opportunities for persons with disabilities in employment, state and local government services, public accommodations, commercial facilities, and transportation. Winston has made every effort to comply with the ADA. Individuals wishing to suggest additional modifications to facilitate the mobility of any member of the Winston community should contact a school administrator.