Winston's 29th Annual Learning Symposium
Child & Adolescent Development in a Digital World.
January 25, 2019
at The Winston School San Antonio
Keynote Lecture: "Growing Up Digital" by Kaveri Subrahmanyam, PhD.
Each year, the Winston School San Antonio and MSAC work diligently to plan Winston's Learning Symposium—an educational event that provides the community with access to cutting-edge research and tools to help educate students with learning differences.
The Learning Symposium allows us to extend Winston’s reach by providing important information to parents, mental health, healthcare, and education professionals from the local community and across the state. Each year, the event features a nationally-renowned professional and breakout sessions that are hosted by a select group of local professionals.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS & GUEST SPEAKERS
- 3-Hour Ethics Panel Breakout Session
- ADHD & Medication: Steven Pliszka, M.D. - UT Health
- Tech Generation - Raising Balanced Kids: Jon Lasser, PhD - Texas State
- Educational Technology in the Classroom: Matthew Patty, MA - Northside ISD
- Developing Marketable Tech Skills: Scott Crenshaw, MBA - Rackspace
- Education Tech & You: Roland Rios, Ed.D. - Fort Sam ISD
- Dyslexia & Technology: Julie Hanson, M.Ed. - WSSA
- Robotics & STEAM: Ellen Barnett, PhD - Trinity University
- Video Games & Learning: Sherita Love, PhD - Texas A&M SA
- Social Media: Cynthia Diaz de Leon - Clarity Child Guidance
For a full listing of breakout sessions and descriptions, please click here.
If you would like to see some of the presentations from past years please click here